Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What was the turrning point of your life?

We were discussing this in English class today and I started to wonder what it would be. The first thing that came to mind was The day that I mentionned in my previous blog, the day I failed my ''Police Technology'' test in January 2011. It was a day that, if I had passed the test, I woud have gone down a completely different path in life and I now know how unhappy I would have been so I guess that's my biggest turning point so far.

On that day, as I was leaving the college in my dads car, I felt like an asshole. I felt like such a fucking failure and I had no idea what I was going to do from now on. But then I realized what I had seen in a movie once, a movie called With Honors. In that movie, Joe Pesci plays a hobo who lives in the basement of Harvard University and Brendan Frasier plays a semi-stuck-up student who ends up becomming very good friends with Joe Pesci. But the point of me mentionning this movie is because at one point, Joe Pesci reveals a small bag of stones that he keeps with him at all times and those stones represent his memories. For each important memory of his life, he picked up a stone and kept it. So as I was Driving off the campus I told my dad to stop the car. I then got out and I picked up the first stone I saw amongst the falling snow and I still have it to this day. I don't know what else I will want to remember for the rest of my life but when that moment comes along, I'm sure I won't forget to pick up a stone.

I suggest the same to all those who read this, it's honestly a great feeling. Whenever I hold that rock I picked up that day, Its like being there again, I feel cold and a certain smell comes to me and it's practically a time machine, it's pretty fuckin cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment